Happy Sunday my lovelies! Hope you’re all having a fab weekend so far!:) I’m sure many of you have seen the ruffle sleeve trend EVERYWHERE! They’ve been big this Winter, and will for sure carry into Spring! Ruffles are a great way to add a fun feminine twist to your outfit. There are so many types out there, you can get ruffles on the cuffs, neckline, lower hem, back, and all kinds of sleeves. Alright, let’s jump into some tips to keep in mind when choosing and styling your ruffle top!
5 TIPS :
1. Proportion the sleeves and ruffles to you body shape. If you’re looking for more of a slimming effect play it safe by having small ruffles trimming the sleeves or lower hem of your top.
2. If you’re worried about the ruffles adding more volume and width to your arms/ upper body opt for a top where the ruffles fall vertically instead of horizontally.
3. Create balance and contrast by styling your ruffle tops with a skinny pant or fitted skirt.
4. Let the ruffles be the focus. I recommend minimal accessories in areas near the ruffles.
5. Ruffles can balance out your figure as well. Say you have wider hips, find a top with ruffles on the shoulders to make them appear wider and proportionate to your hips.
For my outfit, I found this beautiful maroon top at ZARA during their big sale! It’s so unique, I’m obsessed with the colour, ruffles and how the back dips a little;) My only complaint is that it wrinkles easily -_- But other than that, I love it hehe! Since it’s such a statement piece on it’s own, I wanted to keep the rest of my outfit fairly simple, but not boring. So I added some texture with my suede boots, faux leather leggings and tweed coat. I like how the grey coat slightly softens up the red and black as well. On my lips I’m wearing LAX liquid lipstick by ColourPop! A perfect match for the top :)
What’s your take on ruffled sleeves? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment down below and I’ll catch you in my next post! Xx- Mitra
– S H O P –
– O U T F I T D E T A I L S –
Photo Cred. Alicia Haque
L E O P A R D C O U T U R E
-Love your style-