Happy Wednesday lovelies! Today I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks on how to style fishnet tights. I’ll be honest, when I first saw this trend blow up I was like…“Wait..it’s socially acceptable to wear my Halloween costume stockings now?!”. The trend grew on me quickly, and soon I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a pair (or 5). Just kidding, I have a pair of tights and socks and trust me you need both styles. Tights are great for when you want them peaking through the holes of your ripped jeans and/or above the waistband. If you want them just showing at your ankles then socks are a must! (Plus you don’t have to take them off when you pee haha).
To start, you need to decide how big you want the holes and that’s totally personal preference. I opted for these larger sized ones from F21 and I am in love with them! My outfit is fairly simple, as in I could totally wear it without the tights. That’s the thing..you don’t need a super crazy outfit to make the fishnets work. They’re easier to style than you think. Since the fishnet trend is pretty bad-ass, I prefer styling it with edgier pieces. Hence why I grabbed my leather jacket and distressed acid wash jeans. This look works because I stuck to neutrals, while adding a pop of grunge with my jeans and cut out booties.
Here are a few Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind:
1. Start with a black pair- they are easiest to style
2. Keep the rest of your outfit simple. Let the tights be the focus
3. Style them with closed-toe shoes
1. Go with a super tight and short skirt/ dress.. it may look a tad trashy if you know what I mean (*halloween costume flashback anyone?)
2. Style them with: loud animal/floral prints..it will clash
3. Not shave when wearing these..trust me on this one haha
Here are 5 other ways you can style your fishnets:
- CASUAL: Oversized t-shirt | ripped bf jeans | sneakers
- CITY CHIC: Turtleneck | culotte pants | ankle booties
- CLASSIC: Button-down top | cropped slacks/ cigarette pants | oxfords
- COMFY: Oversized knit sweater dress | motorcycle boots
- SEXY: Loose crop top | high waisted denim | thigh high boots (to achieve the peekaboo look)
Have you tried the fishnet trend? If yes, I’d love to know your fav way of styling them!:) And if not…perhaps you’ll give them a try next time!;) Thanks for reading and I’ll catch you in my next one!
x – Mitra
– O U T F I T D E T A I L S –
Sweater: FOREVER21 | Jacket: FOREVER21 | Jeans: ZARA
Fishnet Tights: FOREVER21 | Boots: MADDEN GIRL
Photo Cred. Jonathan Ho
L E O P A R D C O U T U R E
-Love your style-
I’ve also compiled a few of my fav looks from Pinterest in hopes to give you a little more inspo :)